2. After all the bad things that Saul did to David, why do you think David still mourned his loss in II Samuel 1?
3. What was the root cause of the bitter hatred between Joab (David’s general) and Abner (the House of Saul’s general) in II Samuel 2?
4. How did David reward the people who brought him “good news” about deaths in Saul’s family? (II Samuel 1 and 4)
5. How long was David’s total reign, including his time over Judah and then over all of Israel?
6. What did Uzzah do wrong that he was struck down in II Samuel 6?
7. What did David want to do for the Lord after he had established himself and built his palace (II Samuel 7:2)?
8. How did God respond to David’s desire?
9. How are David’s actions in II Samuel 9 a fulfillment of the covenant he made with Jonathan in I Samuel 20:14-17?
10. Describe how David’s sin kept escalating in II Samuel 11.
11. In II Samuel 12:6, what did David conclude should happen to the man who took and killed his poor neighbor’s only ewe lamb?
12. What ended up happening to the child that Bathsheba had conceived with David?
13. What atrocious sin did David’s oldest son, Amnon, commit?
14. What ended up happening to Amnon?
15. The Bible says that Absalom was very handsome on the outside (II Samuel 14:25). What was he like on the inside?
16. What horrible thing did Absalom do in II Samuel 16 that was a fulfillment of the prophet Nathan’s decree against David in II Samuel 12?
17. What ended up happening to Absalom?
18. How did David react to the news about the usurper Absalom?
19. What were the three destructive options that God gave David as judgment for him ordering a census (II Samuel 24)
20. Why do you think David made the choice that he did?