2. What kind of “reversals” is God credited with in Hannah’s prayer in I Samuel 2?
3. What were the sins of Eli’s sons (2:12-17 and 2:22-25)?
4. What was Eli’s sin (3:13)?
5. How did the Philistines’ war trophy of the ark become a snare to them?
6. What were the sins of Samuel’s sons (8:1-3)?
7. What did Samuel warn the Israelites about what a king would do?
8. Why do the people still want a king (8:19-20)?
9. Why do you think God allowed the people to do something that was not in accord with His will?
10. What is Saul’s first victory as king (11:1-11)?
11. What are the two ways that Saul fell out of favor with the Lord (13:8-14 and 15:10-23)?
12. How had God prepared David for his battle with Goliath (17:34-37)?
13. How did David go from being a hero admired by Saul to being viewed with suspicion and fear by him?
14. What was the covenant made between Jonathan and David in I Samuel 20?
15. What ruse did David employ to be safe in Gath of the Philistines (22:10-15)?
16. What did Saul do to the priests at Nob in revenge for their assistance to David (22:6-23)?
17. When David had the opportunity to kill Saul in I Samuel 24, what did he do instead?
18. When David had a second opportunity to kill Saul in I Samuel 26, what did he do instead?
19. When Saul consults a medium to call up the spirit of Samuel, what does Samuel tell him (30:16-19)?
20. How do Saul and three of his sons die in I Samuel 31?