Tuesday, December 15, 2020

I & II Peter, I, II & III John, and Jude Twenty Questions

 1. In I Peter 1, what things does the apostle describe as “imperishable” and “perishable” (note: your translation may use different terms)?

2. I Peter 2:4 speaks of Christ being the “living Stone” - chosen by whom and rejected by whom?

3. What is Peter’s advice on how Christians should relate to human authorities like emperors and governors (I Peter 2:13-17)?

4. What is the difference between a woman’s outward adornment and her inner beauty?

5. What does Peter have to say about suffering for doing good (I Peter 2:19-23, I Peter 3:14, and I Peter 3:17-18)? 

6. Have you ever been insulted or have you otherwise suffered for being a Christian (I Peter 4:12-16)? 

7. How is Peter’s advice to elders to be shepherds (I Peter 5:1-4) reflective of Jesus’ last conversation with him in the Gospel of John?

8. What event from the Gospels is Peter describing in II Peter 1:16-18?

9. What lesson does Peter say that the experiences of Noah and Lot teach us about God (II Peter 2:4-10)?  

10. What does II Peter 3:8-9 teach us about waiting for the last days?

11. According to I John 1:8-10, what is the most successful strategy in dealing with our sin: denial or confession?

12. What characteristic marks the difference between living in the light or living in the darkness (I John 2:9-11)?

13. How should we reconcile John 3:16 with I John 2:15 in regards to “loving the world”?

14. I John speaks of “antichrists.”  What is the definition of an “antichrist” (I John 2:22)?

15. In what ways does I John 3:16-18 say we should love our brothers and sisters?

16. How does John recommend that we test the spirits in I John 4:1-3?

17. I John 4:16 says “God is love.”  What is the difference, if any, between “God is love” and “Love is God”?

18. What do you see in II John that sounds similar to I John?

19. What does John say gives him the greatest joy in III John 4?

20. Who or what is Jude warning the Church about in Jude 3-19?

NOTE: We will not have Bible Study on Sunday, December 27, 2020.  We will conclude our "Twenty Questions" study over Revelation on Sunday, January 3, 2021 at 7 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment