Wednesday, April 22, 2020

I Chronicles Twenty Questions

1. Much of I and II Chronicles circles back and recapitulates earlier material found in the Bible.  What are some good reasons that the Bible repeats information?

2. Something to watch for is that I and II Chronicles generally portray David in a more positive light than I and II Samuel.  When some negative material is omitted (such as David’s sin with Bathsheba), what conclusions might we draw?

3. Where in history does I Chronicles 1:1 begin its story?

4. I Chronicles 4:9-10 tells us about Jabez and his prayer.  What did Jabez pray for?

5. Why do you think I Chronicles devotes so much time and attention to genealogical names?

6. According to I Chronicles 10, why was Saul rejected by the Lord?

7. Based on I Chronicles 15, what was David’s conclusion about why Uzzah was struck down and killed during the transport of the Ark?

8. After David decides he wants to build a house for the Lord, what does the Lord declare he will do for David in I Chronicles 16:10?

9. What bad advice did Hanun son of Nahash of the Ammonites receive in I Chronicles 19?

10. Compare II Samuel 24:1 and I Chronicles 21:1.  Who incited David to take a census?

11. How did Joab conduct the census because the idea was repulsive to him?

12. What does David’s prayer in I Chronicles 21:17 reveal about his heart?

13. How much did David pay to buy the threshing floor of Araunah, where the plague was stopped?

14. What did that site become?

15. What was David’s role in the construction of the Temple?   (I Chronicles 22:5)

16. According to David, why did God choose Solomon rather than David to be the one to build the Temple?

17. In I Chronicles 22:13, David tells Solomon to “Be strong and courageous.  Do not be afraid or discouraged.”  Where have we heard this before?

18. How does the role of the Levites change in I Chronicles 23 as Israel adapted from Tabernacle to Temple?

19. What musical instruments are mentioned for use in the worship of the Lord in I Chronicles 25?

20. Where did the gold and silver and precious stones for building the Temple come from, according to I Chronicles 29?

No comments:

Post a Comment