This impulse shows up frequently in the psalms, and Psalm 65 is a good example of it. David the psalmist begins with an acknowledgement that God is worthy to be praised (vs. 1).
What makes God praiseworthy? The psalmist suggests:
- God answers prayer (vs. 2).
- God forgives (vs. 3).
- God delivers (vs. 5).
- God is powerful over mountains and seas (vs. 6 and 7).
- God controls the day (vs. 8).
- God provides grain (vs. 9).
- God sends rain (vs. 10).
- God superintends creation (vs. 11-13).
Do you find within yourself an impulse to praise and worship? There are many reason to praise God. What are some of your favorites?