Friday, March 27, 2015

Psalm 63: Hungry For God?

I love the contrast in this psalm between verse 1 and verse 5:

"O God, you are my God, I seek you, my soul thirsts for you; my flesh faints for you, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water" (vs. 1).

"My soul is satisfied as with a rich feast, and my mouth praises you with joyful lips" (vs. 5).

What happened in between these verses to produce this dramatic effect?  An encounter with God in His sanctuary (vs. 2) which has strengthened and blessed David!

This life-changing experience with God reminds me of Jesus' words in the Gospel of John of the living water that can quench all thirst for ever, and of the bread of life that truly satisfies.

Are you hungry for God?  You will be satisfied when you come to Him and are filled with His Spirit!


No comments:

Post a Comment