First, Paul says, "I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received" (vs. 1). He then goes on to give some specifics about what such a life looks like.
- Be completely humble and gentle (vs. 2)
- Be patient (vs. 2)
- Keep the unity of the Spirit (vs. 3)
- Become mature (vs. 13)
- Put off the old self and put on the new self (true righteousness and holiness) (vs. 22-24)
- Put off falsehood and speak truthfully (vs. 25)
- Do not sin in anger or hold on to anger (vs. 26)
- Do not give the devil a foothold (vs. 27)
- Do not steal, but work usefully (vs. 28)
- Do not speak unwholesome words, but build others up with beneficial words (vs. 29)
- Do not grieve the Holy Spirit (vs. 30)
- Get rid of such characteristics as brawling, rage, anger, bitterness, and malice (vs. 31)
- Instead, be kind, compassionate, and forgiving (vs. 32)
I think there is enough on this list to keep us busy for a very long time.