Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Philippians 4: Paul's Greatest Hits

Philippians 4 is a gold mine of Christian sound bites, bullet points and bumper stickers.

Here are some of the words of Paul that have become famous (infamous?) in Christian circles:


  • Rejoice in the Lord always.  Again I will say, rejoice!
  • Do not worry about anything, but, in everything, by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.
  • And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
  • Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is pleasing, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence and if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.
  • I have learned to be content with whatever I have...I have learned the secret of being well-fed and going hungry, of having plenty and being in need.
  • I can do all things through him who strengthens me. (The grand-daddy of them all?)
  • And my God will fully satisfy every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.

Now that's the way to end a letter!

No comments:

Post a Comment